2020 Season Director’s Choice
ACCT is a family friendly theater company housed on church property. We are a fully accredited member of the Washington Area Theatre Community Honors (WATCH), and the productions we are soliciting will be judged as part of WATCH. We strive to give the local Mount Vernon community affordable quality live theater. We are open to new plays and playwrights. The one constant that must be in all plays on our stage is that evil must not triumph. “Family friendly” does not mean that every play is suitable for all age ranges. There are very good plays that are adult oriented that are very welcome on our stage.
Please be aware that our stage is wide and shallow; there is very limited wing space and no fly area. We do best with single sets or minimal set pieces to depict different scenes and spaces. The good news is that the stage is dedicated, and we can rehearse on the stage early in the rehearsal process. Cast sizes can vary and we try to accommodate whatever size the play requires. Plays with 12 or fewer actors leave more space in the dressing rooms and backstage.
Any plays should be consistent with ACCT’s space and tech constraints. Very small orchestra musicals may be considered; piano and perhaps one other instrument.
We do four shows a year, a children’s musical in January and three adult shows in the spring, summer and fall. All slots are open.
The director submission must include the following:
- A Letter of Interest stating your desire to direct at ACCT, what show(s) you are interested in directing, a basic concept for the stated show(s), and what time frame you would like to be slotted in. Please limit your submission to no more than 2 and try to keep your application to 3 to 5 pages. Concept should include:
a. Your overall vision for the show(s)
b. Technical aspects such as set, sound, lights, props, and special effects
c. Special considerations, such as the ability to bring aboard a production team.
- A current resume that includes all productions directed, including location and year. Relevant theatre experience may be included as well as additional support materials and current contact information (phone and email address mandatory).
- Any possible schedule conflicts that may exist during the pre-production, tech week, production, and performance dates of the show(s) of interest. In general, the productions audition approximately 8 weeks prior to tech week. Take into consideration that weekend space is generally available Saturday during the day and Sunday afternoons, as well as week nights until 10:00 p.m.
- A list of 3-5 references familiar with the applicant’s past work. This list must include each reference’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A signed copy of the ACCT Policies for Directors.
- Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th with the subject line, “2020 Season Director Application.” Interviews will be conducted after Thanksgiving. The application package must be in either MS Word or PDF format. Any questions concerning the process should also be directed to email@example.com with the subject line, “2020 Season Director Application Inquiry.”
Thank you for your interest in ACCT and look forward to hearing from you.