Aldersgate Church Community Theater (ACCT) is looking for people interested in directing the following plays for the 2019 season:
- Spring 2019 (March) production of Bus Stop by William Inge
- Summer 2019 (July) production of Southern Hospitality by Jones, Hope, and Wooten
- Fall 2019 (October) production of The Giver adapted by Eric Coble from the novel by Lois Lowery
All director submissions must include the following:
- A Letter of Interest stating your desire to direct at ACCT, which show(s) you are interested in directing and a basic concept for the stated show(s). Concept should include:
a. Your overall vision for the show(s)
b. Technical aspects such as set, sound, lights, props, and special effects
c. Special considerations, such as the ability to bring aboard a production team
- A current resume that includes all productions directed, including location and year. Relevant theatre experience may be included as well as additional support materials and current contact information (phone and email address mandatory).
- Any possible schedule conflicts that may exist during the pre-production, tech week, production, and performance dates of the show(s) of interest. In general, the productions audition approximately 8 weeks prior to tech week. Take into consideration that weekend space is generally available Saturday during the day and Sunday afternoons, as well as week nights until 10:00 p.m.
- A list of 3-5 references familiar with the applicant’s past work. This list must include each reference’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A signed copy of the ACCT Policies for Directors.
- Email applications to email@example.com by April 15th with the subject line, “Director Application 2019.” Interviews will be conducted the first week in May. The application package must be in either MS Word or PDF format. Any questions concerning the process should also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Director Application Inquiry.”