Disney’s Frozen JR
Music & Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez & Robert Lopez, Book by Jennifer Lee
Directed by Shelagh Roberts
Choreographed by Michele Koros
Produced by Jennifer Saunders, Julia St. Pierre, and Melanie Froemke
Jayn Rife, Executive Producer
Performances: January 17-26, 2020
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
Auditions: Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 1301 Collingwood Road, Alexandria, VA 22308
- Wednesday, October 30, 6:30-8:30 PM
- Saturday, November 2, 1–4 PM
- Sunday, November 3, 6-8:30 PM
Callbacks by invitation only on Tuesday, November 5th at 6:30-8:30 PM
Note: Audition forms and conflict calendars will be posted soon
Day of Auditions
- Children ages 8-18 will need to be prepared to sing 16 bars of a song in the style of the show. They can choose to have accompaniment, in which case they must bring their music with them.
- They will be asked to read lines from the script.
- They will also be asked to dance during the auditions.
- Calls/e-mails for callbacks will be made Monday morning. Please be prepared for a fast turn-around! Just because you have not been called back does not necessarily mean you will not be cast in the show.
- All children who are auditioning should bring a recent photo and the completed Auditions package that includes the Audition Form and an accurate Conflicts Calendar (even if your child does not have any conflicts) soon to be available on this page entitled “FROZEN JR AUDITIONS PACKAGE.”
ENSEMBLE – includes TOWNSPEOPLE of Arendelle; the SNOW CHORUS,a personification of Elsa’s snow and ice powers; HIDDEN FOLK, magical people that live in the mountains; CASTLE STAFF, including HOUSEKEEPER, BUTLER, HANDMAIDEN, COOK, and STEWARD; SUMMER CHORUS, embodiments of Olaf’s summer fantasy; OAKEN’S FAMILY; and GUARDS
YOUNG ANNA, MIDDLE ANNA, ANNA – Princess of Arendelle at different ages; a spirited troublemaker who is lonely and longing for connection, especially with her sister
YOUNG ELSA, MIDDLE ELSA, ELSA – Princess, and later, Queen of Arendelle, with magical powers at different ages; initially a doting sister to Anna, but becomes isolated due to fear of her magical powers
KING AGNARR – King of Arendelle and protective father to Anna and Elsa
QUEEN IDUNA – Queen of Arendelle and descendant of the Northern Nomads; loving mother to Anna and Elsa
PABBIE and BULDA – the mystical and magical leaders of the Hidden Folk; Kristoff’s adoptive parents
BISHOP – the Bishop of Arendelle, tasked with overseeing the succession of the monarchy
KRISTOFF – an ice harvester with a prickly exterior but a big heart
SVEN – Kristoff’s loyal reindeer best friend who can only be understood by Kristoff
HANS – the charming Prince of the Southern Isles who craves a sense of belonging and power and proves that first impressions can be wrong
WESELTON – an impolite and judgmental Duke from a neighboring kingdom
OLAF – a goofy and loving magical snowman who dreams of experiencing summer
OAKEN – an amiable wandering salesperson and advocate of hygge